Tuesday, December 13, 2011

All Loops Tour with Empire State Building, South Seaport...

Hi,

I was looking at purchasing the All loops hop on Hop off bus ticket along with the entry to Empire State Building, South Seaport Museum and ferry to Ellis Island and State of Liberty on the internet. But I was wondering if the entry to Empire State Building, South Seaport Museum and ferry to Ellis Island and State of Liberty means not having to wait in line at these locations?

There%26#39;s a free ferry mentioned a few times in the forum? Where does this take you?

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

All Loops Tour with Empire State Building, South Seaport...

You can take the free Staten Island ferry, which departs around near Battery Park. It takes you close to the Statue of Liberty, and also gives great scenes of the New York sklyline. It%26#39;s 20 mins there and 20 mins back and is really enjoyable.

I brought my ESB tickets online. I found out that this reduced ticket lines a great deal, however when we went up last week there was hardly any queues so we went straight up.

Hope this helps

All Loops Tour with Empire State Building, South Seaport...

Was NYC filled with Brits last week? Refer Nicci UK.

We bought all loops tour and downtown and the night one were good but the uptown is a little lacking.

The Statten Island ferry is superb value (free) and you get close to the Statue of Liberty and the Manhatten is amazing from that angle.

Try the ferry at night.

There are money off coupons in most guide books in NY so if you plan it right you get no queues and save cash.

Mind that gets spent by wife in Macys, Saks, Bloomies but thankfully NOT Tiffanys.

If your going after the end of Feb at least you will not have to see those awful ';gates'; in Central Park.


Last week was packed packed with Brits actually....and yes those AWFUL ORANGE GATES are grose. Ruined all of our central park pictures


Nicci are there pictures of these gates on the internet somewhere to be seen after hearing so much about them on this site and having been to Central Park I am getting curious to see them. Thanks.


waterford/2004 try http://www.centralpark.org/ %26amp; click on the link at the top

you missed the best ones at http://www.not-rocket-science.com/gates.htm which were a much better effort IMO! unfortunately they are now closed :-(

someone may still have the photos saved!


Yes it was full of Brits, some flights from UK were overbooked. We came across at least 3 school parties, met a teacher from my children%26#39;s school and three from my niece%26#39;s (none of which were with a party). MaidstoneNic, Mum%26amp;kids, angelUK, Imp, to name but a few from this forum.

Re the gates, we have a few good pictures if anyone wants to see them via e mail

PatJGurney@aol.com


Spaton, what did you not like about the Uptown loop specifically? We were thinking of doing this one to get a view of Harlem.


Traveler...guess what? I%26#39;ve found a genuine Australian restaurant in case you get homesick and it%26#39;s right around the corner from where I used to live. It%26#39;s called Eight Mile Creek (on Mulberry between Spring and Prince) and it even has Barramundi and Kanga tail and all the delights of home on the menu. May try it this weekend. If I go, I%26#39;ll let you know.


Hi Ruffian,

The aussie restaurant sounds interesting! Let me know about your experience. While I锟斤拷锟絤 veg and wouldn锟斤拷锟絫 dream of eating Kangaroo and crocodile, there are a few exclusive restaurants that serve up these unique dishes. Frankly, it锟斤拷锟絪 a bit scary :)


Hi,

Thanks for all that!

I must sound really lazy but I锟斤拷锟絤 still trying to figure out a way that I won锟斤拷锟絫 have to spend hours in queues. I e-mailed grayline and they said that I%26#39;d still have to exchange my e-mail confirmation for tickets and that means waiting in queues. I锟斤拷锟絤 visit in May and I was thinking that it will be a lot busier at the time. I figure I锟斤拷锟絣l be better off getting the ESB tics from the net in advance but what about the ferry to Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty. Any suggestions?

  • How do I clean a suede duvet
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment