Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bagels, what is it??

Ok, I%26#39;ve been long enough on this site now, so I%26#39;m gonna ask right now: ... what the hell is a bagel? I don%26#39;t even know what it looks like?!

What it tasts like? Can anyone send me a picture of it? Or give me some web-link to a picture(s) of bagels?

Thx!

Bagels, what is it??

www.hhbagels.com

Click onto ';history'; for your lesson!

A New York food staple (and the rest of the USA now, but not nearly as good, no offense).

Bagels, what is it??

Bagels are shaped like donuts. While I don%26#39;t know the entire process for making them, I can say that they are first boiled, then baked. Can%26#39;t quite describe the taste but they are a bit on the chewy side. You can get different types, plain, garlic, onion, salt, blueberry, sesame seed, poppy seed---to name a few. I like my bagels with lox and cream cheese. However, there are so many other toppings that you can put on them, I would be hard pressed to name them all! Many people eat them for breakfast but you can eat them any time of the day. Some bagel places close in the early evening since they are mainly associated with breakfast.

As the previous poster mentioned, H%26amp;H Bagels is a good place to buy bagels. Just note that it is strictly take out--they only sell bagels, no toppings, no place to sit. Another place to go is Ess-a-Bagel (51st %26amp; 3rd Ave.). They do put toppings on their bagels and have a place to sit and eat them. You should try a bagel at least once. NYC has some of the best bagels around. None of the ones I buy where I live can compare!


I find bluberry, raisin and the like to be sacreligious!!! I love a toasted ';everything'; bagel though.

There%26#39;s another ';chainlet'; of shops called Tal Bagels that are excellent too.


I love Ess-a-Bagel! They give you so much cream cheese and you can get so many different types. And it was inexpensive too. I recommend going there.


IMHO bagels are just the best nosh there is, and NY bagels rule!

But find a ';bagel store'; not from a deli, or bakery (AU Bon Pain) for example. Be sure that they bake the bagels where you buy them. Some places have them delivered and they are not the same. Get em hot early in the morning with loads of butter. UUUMMMMM as it drips down your arm, with some coffee and the NY Post. Life is good..

  • blemishes
  • faults next to targus mini mouse
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment