Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sofitel

I%26#39;ve just booked 5 nights, standard room in the Sofitel for late September. My travel agent asked if I had any requests with regards to the room; smoking/non-smoking, low floor or high floor e.t.c. I was told I could decide later and as it was only a request I might not actually get what I ask. Has anyone who has stayed at the Sofitel got any recommendations? Is it worth upgrading or will I still be happy with a standard room?



Sofitel


I also booked the Sofitel. I am going at the end of March. Would be nice to have some first hand knowledge.



Sofitel


We just returned and had from a great stay at the Sofitel. we had our 22-month old son so we paid $339 per nigth for an Executive Suite. It was huge. However, unless you need lots of space I hear that the standard rooms are spacious enough.





As for requests, we asked for a high floor and non-smoking. When we checked in we were given a room on the 25th floor (out of 29 floors - I think). I would say the sooner you make your requests the better. Also you make sure you sign up for the Sofitel Privil锟斤拷ge Card. According to the website it guarantees...





- A VIP welcome (welcome gift, drink upon arrival etc.)



- A room available until 4:00 p.m



- A double room for the price of a single





We did get the welcome drinks and checked out at 3:00 p.m. as we requested. We didn%26#39;t get the double room as we had a suite already.




Stayed in a standard room at the sofitel last march and couldn%26#39;t fault it in any way. I%26#39;m staying there this april too although this time we have gone for a deluxe room, the only difference being a better view. It is definately worth getting a Sofitel card. The late check out is a must if you have a later flight home.




So if I sign up for the privilege card now, although I%26#39;ve already booked, am I going to get what is mentioned? If so will my travel agent/myself have to contact them? It sounds too good to be true, and you know what they say about ';things that sound too good to be true';.......they usually are. Is there a catch? I%26#39;m glad that you%26#39;ve all said that the standard room%26#39;s fine, any idea how much more money I%26#39;m looking at (roughly)for an upgrade?




I booked my room through expedia and ordered my card direct on the sofitel website. All I did was ring the hotel a week before I left, told them I was a card holder and requested the late check out room. On the first night there also enjoyed my free martini. Can%26#39;t help you with the upgrade question, once we saw the room didn%26#39;t feel the need to upgrade. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment