Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Looking for Greek near New Amsterdam Theater

Are there any good Greek restaurants within walking distance of the New Amsterdam Theater?





Thanks,



Nina



Looking for Greek near New Amsterdam Theater


Try Uncle Nicks, 9th Avenue @50th St ( not too far). Fun place with good food.





Check it out on www.menupages.com.



Looking for Greek near New Amsterdam Theater


I%26#39;ve never been to Uncle Nick%26#39;s, but I adore Green cuisine. Here are a few recommendations:





Kyma, on 46th St. at 8th Ave., might satisfy your craving. It%26#39;s good but not great, and only a few blocks away.





Milos Estiatorio, on 55th bet. 6th-7th Aves. (www.milos.ca) might be about a 15-minute walk, but is worth it! Extraordinary, but expensive.





Molyvos, on 7th Ave. bet. 55th-56th Sts., is another winner. (www.molyvos.com)





Periyali is an incredible, upscale, sophisticated Greek restaurant in the Flatiron District. For me, it%26#39;s worth the 10-minute taxi ride. (www.periyali.com)




Thanks for those recommendations, Bettina, always looking for good Greek places...will add to my list.




I am greek, my last name is Staros (was Stavros) Anyway enough with the history of my name.





I visited NYC a few years back for 2 days and the one Greek place I ate was Molyvos and it was the best Greek food I have ever had. Not home made good, but close.

No comments:

Post a Comment