Tuesday, December 13, 2011

good vibrations

We are going to NY in March and I wanted to take my son to Good Vibrations at the Eugene Theatre. Has anyone seen it and could you suggest good seats. I believe we can get some in the orchestra section through broadwaybox. Has anyone got any other suggestions regarding upbeat broadway on or off shows?





good vibrations


Although I have not seen it, it got pretty bad reviews across the board. There are so many other options on Broadway, such as Hairspray, Movin Out, Rent, Fiddler on the Roof, Mamma Mia %26amp; Wicked. Popular Off-Broadway shows that he might like are Stomp, Blue Man Group, Cookin or Slava%26#39;s Snowshoe. All Shook Up is in previews, don%26#39;t know if it is good or bad, but it is based on Elvis%26#39;s music. ALso, Monty Pythons Spamalot, got good buzz in Chicago in its prebroadway run, and Dirty Rotten Soundrels, based on the movie of the same name, playing now.



good vibrations


Orchestra or front mezzanine are your best bets, as long as they%26#39;re near the center. Keep in mind that Good Vibrations received really, really poor reviews, if that means anything to you. You don%26#39;t say how old your son is, but for upbeat shows he might enjoy Mama Mia, Rent and The Producers. And if he likes to laugh...absolutely take him to Dame Edna...Back With a Vengeance. Very, very funny.




If your son is between 10 and 16, he%26#39;ll love Good Vibrations! Plenty of exciting dancing, great looking girls, an easy-to-follow theme. As a Broadway show, it garnered what are probably the worst reviews in the history of the American theater! I saw it--both in its summer version in upstate New York and in its Broadway version. Your son, as a neophyte theater-goer, will love it!!! For a classic Brooadway show, I%26#39;d recommend Lion King or Hairspray, however. Hope all this is of some help. You, yourself, will enjoy the two latter shows more than Good Vibrations.




thanks for the suggestions. My son is 12 and he really likes the beach boys thats why I thought good vibrations would be good. Will the lion king be playing Mar.23-28? I%26#39;d love to see that but there never seems to be any discount tixs for that particular show?




The Lion King has never had discounts, so it would be a full price tickets, and yes, it is always on!




I (58) and my son (30) saw Good Vibrations and loved it. Thin on the plot, but who cares? The music, dancing and comedy were great. Definitely worth the time and money to see it. We left smiling. Orchestra are the best seats. Ignore the critics. If I only went to shows they applaud I%26#39;d never go anywhere. Kick it up, have fun!




Keatsinny, yes that%26#39;s the problem with the top productions like Lion King and Hairspray. Again, I%26#39;ll say that your son will really enjoy Good Vibrations since it%26#39;s about a few young high school graduates on the US east coast who want to go out to California and take in the the sun, sand and girls...Your son will get a big kick out of the singing and dancing...and all the young, energetic, great-looking actors/actresses. I%26#39;d say Go and just keep your own sophisticated criticisms of the show to yourself to assure him Yep, that was GREAT!!!! (All seats are good...It%26#39;s a small house.)




No matter how much a kid might like the Beach Boys I think he%26#39;d rave more about ';Blue Man Group';.





If I were you I%26#39;d try to score a ';Two-fer'; at the TKTS booth for ';Good Vibrations'; and see if I could also get discounted tickets for BMG. But if I had to pick between the two it would be a mismatch.





Check out the reviews at epinions--and the world press has been even more unimaous in its ovationary rerponse to BMG:





epinions.com/trvl-Theater-Off_Broadway-Blue_鈥?/a>




http://www.epinions.com/trvl-Theater-Off_Broadway-Blue_Man_Group_Tubes/display_~reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment