Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Im back! Sob Sob! But here are the highlights!

Well what a mad few days! I feel like im on withdrawal!!! Firstly before I start I must say how warm, friendly and helpful the N Yorkers I encountered were. They just couldn%26#39;t do enough to help us.





My sister, bro and I got lost on numerous occasions, but we never felt worried or threatened as there was always a friendly person nearby willing to help!





Not sure why but it seemed I was particulary popular! Maybe its because I had a permanent smile stuck on my face the whole time, but I seem to accumalate a mass of phone numbers (ladies be warned the New York men are divine!). The guy that was serving me and my little brother in the sneaker store even gave me his phone number (my 16yr old brother was not impressed - he was horrified in fact!)





Anyway I do promise to write a more detailed report, but I just wanted to let you all know that I was back and we all had a great time....





HIGHLIGHTS...





Hairspray - we all loved it and even my 16yrold hip hop loving brother thought it was brilliant. We booked this before we left and I would advise to do this as thet show was a sell out.





BB Kings. Amazing!!! Truely! We all had such a good time. And the food...gosh Im still licking my lips now. Its was sooooo good. We got get there at 11.30 and was third in line (they hand out blue tickets with numbers on the back and then you are lined up according to your number and led into the room)





We was at the front (one row back) which was just perfect!. This is a must when visting new york. We bought our tickets on Sat morning, which was no problem.





Jamba Juice.....You lucky, lucky Americans! We loved Jamba Juice. Even though it was freezing cold on some days while we were there, we still went and bought ourselves a Jamba Juice each. They were so good we just couldn%26#39;t help it! They are a chain of little shops that produce the best fruit smoothies/juices in the world! Honestly! When are we going to get it in London?New Yorkers must be in heaven in summer time cox there so refreshing and healthy! You must try these Juices! Have one for me (sob )





Virgils, Carmines, Carnigies Deli - all excellent recommendations from this forum.





Juniors Cheesecake - Just simply divine! Large slice of heaven. Central station.





Lots of shopping. Young ladies the place to go is arounf the Greenwich/SoHo area. Just brilliant- even better than TopShop! H%26amp;M was a bit dissapointing, but I made up for that buying lots of shoes!!!!





They have Origins out there - very cheap and also the BobyShop - not that cheap (well the Body Butter isn%26#39;t anyway).





The three days seemed to go by in a whirl! We stayed at the Affinia 50 and although the rooms were out of theis world, the management have alot to learn about c.service! That%26#39;s all I will say on the matter until I find time to write a more detailed report.





Overall I loved the New York and the New Yorkers (esp the men) as much as they loved me (giggle giggle). Spent Valentines with my sister and brother and didn%26#39;t get one marriage proposal so if any single, male, New Yorkers want a lady who loves to shop............



Im back! Sob Sob! But here are the highlights!


Hi Angel,





Glad you had a great time, the voting starts when? (For the benefit of newcomers that is for the sister of the year award)





There is so much activity on this forum the pages soon fill up and it has taken me a while to get to your message. I was beginning to worry that you had forgotten to report back!





Look forward to your full report, (sorry about the lack of proposals though)





Pat



Im back! Sob Sob! But here are the highlights!


Your delightful personality comes through in your trip report. No wonder New York men reacted so favorably to you. We know a good thing when we see one. I will be feverishly scouting my unattached mates for you...but what man wants a woman who loves to shop? Hard on the wallet, eh?





Glad you had a terrific time and hope your brother and sister enjoyed it as much as you. Come back soon. We can always use a bit more ebullience.




Pat, they did love New York and bestowed me with thanks and kisses at the airport on the way home! After such a tough year, it was good to see them smile again.





Now on to my award I%26#39;d like to thank........(giggle giggle)





Ruffian,



I did chuckle reading your reply....you are funny. But hey who mentioned anything about a wallet? My purse will take the pounding....im an independant woman dontcha know.





All im asking for is for a little company while I shop (well someone to hold the bags really) and to repeat over and over again %26#39; No honey, for the tenth time today your bum doesn%26#39;t look big in it...%26#39; : )





P.S will post my report at the w/end.





P.S.S Ruffian keep searching.....there%26#39;s got to be a New Yorker who wants me (and wants to hold my shopping bags!) x.




Go for one of the NY men girl, it would give you a great excuse to be popping over and back to NY for weekends. Glad you had such a great time.




angeluk - did you ever find %26#39;shoe lane%26#39;?





Shoes are my weakness %26amp; I%26#39;m hoping to get well stocked up while we%26#39;re over there!




Just what we need... competition!





Glad you had a great trip, I%26#39;ll be looking for your detailed report.




Ange - didn%26#39;t need to look for it- it just seemed that wherever I shopped shoe shops just found me!!!! Seriously though shopping in Greenwich and Soho areas you are surrounded. Don%26#39;t buy too much though...leave some shoes for me!




Thats good to hear angeluk! I was wondering how I was going to be able to fox the boyfriend into walking down an entire street of shoe shops! He shouldn%26#39;t be able to complain to much if they%26#39;re just popping up everywhere.





and I%26#39;ll try and leave a few pairs for you! we%26#39;ll have to check how much we%26#39;ll be charged for excess weight on the way back first though!




excuse my ignorance but what is bb kings.where is it etc.



can you book.i%26#39;m off to nyc at the end of march and having just come back from euro disney i don%26#39;t think i could stand in another queue.it%26#39;s my second time to nyc.




We%26#39;re booked into the Affinia 50 for our trip to NY next month. What was wrong with the customer sevice? Hotel ok otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment