Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Show selection help!

Hey there,





I have tickets for Wicked, Avenue Q, and Hairspray. I am going to be there for 6 nights and need 2 more show to see ( The other night is Christmas night and we dont want to see a show). Please provide choices and WHY you chose that show. Thanks



Show selection help!


By next Christmas there will be lots of new things.



Show selection help!


I would suggest that New York City Ballet%26#39;s Nutcracker is as much a part of the New York Holiday experience as anything else in the city with the exception of the tree at rock center and the store displays.





It runs for almost six weeks annualy and is always sold out at every performance. For some families it is a perennial tradition.





My next choice would be one of three shows: Fiddler on the Roof, La Cage Aux Folles, or the drama ';Doubt';.





The first two are established classics and when their runs expire they will not be produced again on Broadway for decades.





The latter by Christmas may be one of the toughest tickets to score much as tickets for ';Metamorphoses'; was in 2002.





Now drama is not everyone%26#39;s cup of tea but they are almost always more thought provoking and compelling than the best musicals (I specifically did not say ';entertaining';.)





I have seen most of the heavies to hit Broadway in the past 20 years or more and I would rank two dramas (';Metamorphoses'; and Lincoln Center%26#39;s 50th Anniversary restaging of ';Our Town'; in the top five of everything I%26#39;ve see.





So, to cut to the chase:





The NYCB%26#39;s ';Nutcracker'; tops the list and the choices for your other entertainment--as I see it--are ';Fiddler';, ';La Cage';, or ';Doubt';.





I do not envy the choice you must make.





';Fiddler on the Roof'; and ';






I thought first we would choose RENT and Lion King. Then we thought that these 2 have had their run and the people in it are more than likely bored(per Susan Egan star of Beauty and Beast, Caberet and Millie).





Then we thought of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Fiddler.





Now we are leaning towards Fiddler and The Radio City Christmas show.




I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll enjoy whatever you chose. You%26#39;ve got quite a while before you have to actually purchase tickets.





Don%26#39;t be so quick, however, to toss out the Nutcracker. Some of it%26#39;s sets rival anything you have ever or will ever see on a stage.




I feel so confused.





Everyone says dont choose to quickly you have time(10 months) BUT then everyone says you need to buy early, especially for that week(Dec. 25-31) because there are so many people in NYC and things get so expensive.



What do i do? How long do I wait, I dont want to miss out or get crapy seats.




Most shows won%26#39;t be offering seats for December performances until August.





The last time I had guests for Christmas that%26#39;s when I lined up their tickets.





Mama Mia was the hot-hot-hot show at the time and I could even score eighth row orchestra tickets when Telecharge opened December Sales.





Every seat I wanted in the precise location I wanted was available 120 days in advance.





But you can check it out on your own. Just call Telecharge, tell them the show you%26#39;re interested in, and ask the rep when tickets will go on sale.





No comments:

Post a Comment